Thursday 16 January 2020

Training and Planning Jan 2020

Proper Planning and Training, January 2020


My, oh my! I did have a good Christmas and New Year. I think I hoovered every bit of food and drink in sight! So much so that I've put on a fair bit of weight. For a number of reasons that's not good news. Being overweight at my age increases the chances of contracting breast cancer and I don't need a third dose. Being overweight also puts extra pressure on my aged knees which would not be advisable.

This month's planning has not only involved catching up on the admin involved in organising the walk and advertising it in order to raise donations to my two charities but also planning some sensible eating and a variety of frequent shorter walks to build stamina and fitness.





So, no alcohol and cut out the snacks, together with a sensible and healthy diet, should sort out the weight. I've got a couple of months to loose about stone. Then its a case of walking at every opportunity: eg. into town shopping, around Worcester walks and longer walks with the ladies of Hereford Branch WRAC Association.

This year's walk is going to be just as challenging as previous years. In deference to my advancing years I'm taking a whole week to complete the challenge instead of my usual 6 days. My walk starts with some 'gentle' ambles around the Inverness area taking in Fort George, Cawdor Estate and the Culloden Battlefield to loosen up my limbs after the long drive north and also to add another 20 miles to make my walk up to its 100 mile challenge. Then it's off on the Great Glen Way traveling south to finish in Fort William.


My training walks in January have included many walks on the Malvern Hills in Worcestershire, a damp and muddy walk around Ledbury in Herefordshire, a much-loved walk around Much Marcle Ridge in Herefordshire. For the most part I've been sticking to higher ground as the soggy weather often means parts of the lower walks are under water or mud.
Much Marcle Ridge Tower
As well as the training I've been organising the admin side. Virgin Money Giving page set; emails sent out; accommodation organised; raffle prizes building up. I'm hoping to have at least three large raffles so watch this space!!



You can donate via my Virgin Money Giving page at:  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MargaretDaviesWRAC










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can