Saturday 30 December 2023

2023 Walking Ireland – Celebration Day

Wednesday 26th April (Published Thur 27th)
Today I had a lie-in until 0845!!! Luxury being able to turn over at 0645 and go back to sleep!!
The day started with a slap-up breakfast at the Blueberry Café in Donegal town. After a very brief wander round town (Did I want to go for a walk? No thank you!) We headed back to the house.
The weather was dry, a bit chilly and overcast so no sun. I still fancied sitting outside, out of the wind, in the shelter of the sunroom. I lay on the very comfortable lounger with my thick fleece on, wrapped in a cuddly orange blanket (Julia’s favourite colour) with my peaked cap jammed on my head against the wind and hoped for sun . . . . and promptly fell asleep!
The rest of the afternoon was spent back inside in the sunroom reading & dozing in between munching on snacks including Julia’s delicious raspberry & white chocolate cupcakes.
George arrived back from a successful day on the golf-course so, late afternoon he & headed back into town to the Castle Pub for my long-awaited treat – a Seafood Platter washed down with a couple of pints of Guinness.
I can safely say that my time doing my Ireland Walk has been amazing. I have enjoyed unbelievable weather, seen some stunning scenery, been spoilt rotten by my wonderful hosts Julia & George, been lovingly tended to by my amazing wife . . . . and capped it all with seafood & Guinness!! I will most definitely be back but maybe not do such long walks next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can