Friday 23 March 2018

23rd March 2018

There’s Snow Stopping Me!!

Worcester to Birmingham Canal
 
It’s been a busy time since my last Blog entry. Despite the weather I have continued with my practice/training walks. I have tried to vary the type of training to focus on different areas of fitness. Sometimes I incorporate climbs (& descents) to strengthen my knees. I’ve also done a few distance walks just to prove to myself I can still walk that far!! My other focus is on speed walking mainly to build up my general fitness – it’ll also help me with my training for the Norwich 10K I’m doing in August 2018!! Most of these training walks have been mostly in and around Worcester and neighbouring Malvern thanks to the snow. Only trouble with snow is that it melts - leaving some local flooding.


A flooded Chapter Meadows with Worcester Cathedral in the background 
However, my main walking has just been for the pure pleasure of getting out in the fresh air, sometimes with friends, and enjoying the views, sounds and company. The Great Outdoors is a wonderful gym and walking keeps me reasonably fit, slightly less fat and bordering on sanity!!
 
Proof that I don't always end up in a pub!!
Half-way point on my distance walk round Worcester
I’ve also been busy raising funds for my charities. The raffle for the WRAC Colours Waffle-Stitch Throw was hugely successful raising an amazing £210 in total. A huge Thank-you to all those who donated so generously and congratulations to Shirley Taper on winning!! Keep a look-out for a couple more raffles with some amazing prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can