Wednesday 27 February 2019

2019 Pre-Walk Training

Wed 27th Feb 2019

WBUH Garden

In the past couple of weeks I've enjoyed some terrific Spring weather which has made for a number of brilliant training walks with friends from the WRAC Association. It has also allowed me to enjoy the sunshine at the Worcester Breast Unit Haven before setting off on a walk with other 'patients' around County Hall Country Park I have done a couple of lung-busting speed walks with Jo around Ludlow and Mortimer Forest in Shropshire.
Jo & I atop Climbing Jack


There have been longer and fractionally less lung-busting walks on Malvern Hills and Much Marcle Ridge in Worcestershire & Herefordshire with the Hereford Branch walkers.


I've also managed to get in some ambles around Worcester itself in between visits to the Breast Unit Haven, Oncology, visiting Jane & Pablo at the Tommy Atkins Veterans Centre and visiting 97 year old Vera (ex-ATS veteran).


 

I'm trying to be a bit more careful about what I eat in the hope I can shed a couple more pounds before I start my walk!! I worked out roughly how many calories I have consumed daily on previous walks and gave up after it went over 4000! No wonder I put on weight during my walks!!
Me 'enjoying' a healthy apple!!
Things are looking good for the 15th March - all I need now is some of this fabulous weather!! Sadly it's not looking that hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can