Thursday 14 March 2019

Walk Day Minus 1

Thursday 14th March 2019

Royal Military Academy Sandhurst

This is just a part of the kit that I have transported "Darn Sarf!!" for my walk and the following weekend of celebration of 100 Years of the Women's Royal Army Corps Association!
This plus two suitcases, a holdall and two rucksacks!!
Today, the day before I actually start my walk, I was lucky enough to have a 'tour' of RMAS in the company of Sue Hatton of the Sandhurst Trust. It was only the second time I had entered the "hallowed grounds" as my own Officer Training was at the WRAC College down the road at Camberley.



Changed a bit (for the better) since my day!
The weather on the journey down was awful; very heavy rain most of the way, tremendous surface water on the motorways and rather nasty, gusty winds! Not exactly ideal weather for a 100 mile walk. However, as we drove towards Sandhurst the rain stopped and the sun broke through the clouds. By the time we'd got through the security gates we had blazing sunshine!! How lucky am I 😄

I think I'm all set for tomorrow so wish me luck and I'll post how the first day went tomorrow night.

4 comments:

  1. Go well Sis and good fortune etc XXX P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter donations I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! water well charity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can