Sunday 14 April 2024

2024 Walking South Pembrokeshire – The Build-Up

 14th April 2024

In less than two weeks I’ll be starting my eleventh 100 Mile Solo Charity Walk for the Women’s Royal Army Corps Association and this year also for the VC Gallery (Pembroke Dock). Ten walks under my belt, getting on for £40K raised for charity and . . . . . . . I have never felt less prepared!!

 

I’m happy with my planning and admin; each day’s route has been drawn, drop-offs, pick-ups and stops organised. We have booked a lovely, ‘Stella Marina’ chalet accommodation, hosted by Donna Fracchiolla, at Freshwater East, about the geographical centre of my walk.

 

But . . . . . .  I really don’t feel at all prepared!! The weather has put a real damper on my preparations. The rain & flooding in my part of UK has made most of my training routes impassable. There’s no pleasure slipping, sliding & wading in mud and it’s potentially an injury waiting to happen. Also, the continual grey, wet, miserable days have taken their toll on us all. It’s been weather to sit on the sofa, stuff myself silly with delicious food & drink and watch mind-numbing TV!! It’s hard to get motivated when everything around is wet & miserable.

 

Having said all I am going to finish my walk as planned. I’ll be taking my un-fit, over-weight carcass around the nearly 100 mile route no matter what it takes. I have no doubt that my chauffeuse, nurse, cook and general life-saver (Denise) will be tending my wounds, feeding me up and egging me on until I finally finish.    

 

Half-Platter, Mrs WtF, Solva


I’m hoping to complete the walk in 8 days (it takes me longer each year!!) but, I have an extra day’s grace just in case things go a bit awry. I’ll also be celebrating with wonderful fresh seafood from Mrs Will the Fish, Solva and The Quayside Tearooms, Lawrenny – yummy!!

 

Crab Sandwich, Lawrenny

You can support me and my two charities by clicking on the link below.


It will take you to my fundraising page at Give as you Live Donate:

https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/margs-pembrokeshire-100-mile-2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can