Wednesday 24 April 2024

2024 Walking South Pembrokeshire - Day Before Start

Wednesday 24th April 

Today we motored down to our chalet accommodation, Stella Marina, Trewent Park, Freshwater East via two very important stops.

Firstly at Cardiff West Services to meet Debbie Amphlett of South Wales Branch WRAC Association. I had to hand-over two raffle prizes. One had been won by Kath Smith of the same branch and the other was for Debbie to work her pyrography magic to make it presentable as a raffle prize at the Area AGM.

Can't eat till I've finished my blog!!

That done we headed for north Pembrokeshire, to Solva to pick up a delicious Seafood Platter from Mrs Wil the Fish. Yummy - a great start to my walk. 


Having driven to Solva we then had to head back south to Pembroke Dock for a grocery shop and on to Freshwater East to our accommodation. Denise took a lovely picture of Newgale beach and St Bride's Bay - taken from a moving car!!




I have been quite busy on the PR front (thanks to WRACA & Curios PR). I am apparently going to do some "live" interviews on BFBS Afternoon Radio with Richard Hatch. Tomorrow, (Thursday 25th) will be the first of possibly several interviews. Richard's programme goes out between 1300 - 1600hrs on Weekdays.


Richard Hatch, BFBS Afternoon 1300-1600hrs

For those wishing to meet up with me during my walk I have the following suggestions:

Monday 29th Apr @ 1100hrs - VC Gallery PD NAAFI Break

Wednesday 1st May @1000hrs - VC Gallery PD (calling briefly as I pass)

Thursday 2nd May @ 3/4pm - Lawrenny Quayside Tearooms (where I finish my walk)

If you would like to sponsor me please follow the link:

https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/margs-pembrokeshire-100-mile-2024


2 comments:

  1. Very best of luck for the walk, sorry I couldn’t meet to collect the prize in person today xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can