Tuesday 23 April 2024

2024 Walking South Pembrokeshire - Heading to the Start

Tuesday 23rd April

Tomorrow we head down the M50 & M4 to South Pembrokeshire to start my 11th Solo 100 Mile Charity Walk.

All my kit is packed ready to put into the car. It comprises a large and a small suitcase packed with multiple changes of clothes, a couple of pairs of boots, several changes of wet weather gear and loads of pairs of socks. I'm also taking a couple of back packs and all my navigation "gizmo's" and other electrical gear. I'm hoping that being well prepared for rain might keep it away. The weather forecast is not looking good but it is what it is. I've been very fortunate on all my previous walks so can't really complain.


Today was supposed to be a day of comparative ease but, like all plans, didn't quite work the way we'd planned. We found that the beans we'd started a few weeks ago needed to go into the ground. That meant the veg patch needed weeding and we needed to construct a couple of wigwams for the plants to grow up. Then we had to plant the beans and wrap some netting around temporarily to keep the rabbits off! There was still time to enjoy the peace and quiet of the garden and the beauty of the wild spring flowers.


Back home it was time for a hot bath, hot meal and then Dr Denise had her annual job of taping up my feet ready for the 100 Miles. 


Tomorrow we drive down to our rented chalet via Mrs Will the Fish in Solva.


She prepares the best seafood platters ever. Possibly not the best nutritional start to my walk but certainly the tastiest.


You can support me and my two charities by clicking on the link below which will take you to my fundraising page at Give as you Live Donate:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can