Tuesday 20 April 2021

Day 1 - Three Choirs Way

 Worcester to Hollybush - 19 Miles

What a glorious day for a walk even if I did underestimate the distance!!

Early morning at Worcester




The day started early at Worcester Cathedral, the first of the three cathedrals I'll be visiting. 


The traffic was awful!! 
Poor Denise (My Chauffeur)!  
Lockdown is very obviously over!!



I went from the Cathedral, via Callow End & Madresfield towards Malvern. The pathway snakes through the industrial park which is home to the Morgan Car Company. 
It brought back happy memories of the day in 2019 that my brother-in-law and I hired a Morgan and took it for a spin round mid Wales. Great fun!!


That was the end of the "fun" for a while as I climbed . . . . . and climbed . . . . . and climbed . . . . . and climbed!! 
I've climbed from the flat
bit behind me!!
Hardly half-way up!!

Somewhere in the distance
is Worcester

Still got to climb that!

Didn't quite make the top



During the day I climbed from 52ft to 1,345 ft!! 

My total ascents were 4,074ft and total descents were 3,704ft! 


I didn't quite reach the highest point, the top of the Worcester Beacon, but skirted it slightly as I still had a long way to go.



I called in at my favourite snack stop. Sally's Place, Wynds Point, Jubilee Drive, WR13 6DW
Not only did I have a very welcome coffee but also a huge (and very tasty) ham salad bap. Sarah (of Sally's Place) kindly donated £10 for my walk. Thank you.
My lunchtime view

Late lunch was above the reservoir overlooking Little Malvern Priory, not far from St Wulstan's Church where Edward Elgar is buried.

I needed to do some running repairs on my right tootsie where I'd developed a small blister on my little toe!! 
The Eastnor Monument.
I gave it a miss today


Then it was onwards & up and downwards to Hollybush, my finishing point for the day!! 


Phew!! 19 miles under my belt!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier. There's no massive climbs as far as I'm aware!!









      



5 comments:

  1. Well done, What a fabulous first day you’ve had , live all the photos, that day you hired a Morgan only seems like yesterday !! nice evening rest now before tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath. Great day with that Morgan. Stay safe & healthier please

      Delete
  2. Well done Marg a challenging day, definitely onwards and upwards! Love the Three Choirs Way post marker. Well done 👏🥾xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can