Sunday 18 April 2021

Three Cathedrals Walk 2021 - Ready, Set . . . .


Me prior to latest lockdown!!
Well I'm almost ready for this year's 100 mile in 6 days "amble" 

Since the start of the latest lockdown I'll admit to being not quite as light as I ought to be. This picture shows me with shortish hair and a reasonably comfortable weight. I'm fairly sure that I have put on well over a stone in weight during the second lockdown some of which I will put down to having very heavy hair!! I can only hope that I will shed a few pounds during my walk, particularly as pubs are few and far between along the route!! Anything that I eat and drink will have to be carried with me.

I haven't been doing a huge amount of walking over the past month or so as I got a bit fed-up with doing the same few mud-free local walks. Instead I've been building up my stamina doing some "extreme" gardening with Denise at a local care home. Using sledge-hammers, chisels, picks & shovels have been the implements of choice. I have to admit that my favourite activity has been being a pyromaniac!! Bonfires to dispose of many large tree-stumps, brambles and undergrowth have been the highlight of my days!!

Tomorrow (Monday) I will be doing a gentle, warm-up group walk with five others near Hereford. We'll be doing a circular walk from Hampton Bishop beside the rivers Lugg and Wye. A gentle, flat walk finishing at a pub!! My idea of the ideal walk.

Then it'll be home, prepare feet for 100 continuous miles, an early night ready for an early start at Worcester Cathedral on Tuesday morning. Look out for the picture of a chubby, long-haired me outside the cathedral on my next post. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can