Monday 10 April 2023

2023 Walking Ireland Planning 2

 Marg Davies 100 Mile Charity Walk in Ireland 2023

The training is almost over and it's time to start sorting and packing my kit ready for the "off." I've completed my last Training Walk - it's almost time to go.

They'll see me coming and going!!

I’ll be walking mostly in Northern Ireland (Fermanagh and South Tyrone), but crossing the border now and again into County Donegal. I will be walking resplendent in my Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund T-shirts which are not only highly visible but also nice and "Techie" so are able to wick away my sweat because, of course, Ireland will be bathed in sunshine for the duration of my walk!!

I’m fortunate that I can take as long as it takes to complete my 100 miles this year as we're staying with Denise's family. I’m planning to complete my 100 miles sometime between Wednesday 19th April 2023 and Wednesday 26th April 2023.  





So I'm gearing up ready for forest tracks and minor lanes. The map shows the routes I'm hoping to take. I will be driving or being driven to an area, doing a circular or linear walk, getting back in the car, driving to the next area and repeating the process until I have completed 100 miles.


Each year my supporters amaze and humble me with their generosity raising funds for my two charities. The Women’s Royal Army Corps Association, the only veteran’s charity set up specifically to cater for the needs of female veterans and the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund in memory of another female veteran, Mel Howell, who died from Pancreatic Cancer in 2022 after a very brief and painful illness. At the moment there is only an 8% survival rate over 5 years if diagnosis is delayed.

My two charities and I would be very grateful if you could help me raise my target amount.

You can donate to my Give as you Live page at: 

https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/margs-ireland-100-mile-charity-walk-2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can