Friday 4 May 2018

Almost time to Start!

Friday 4th May 2018

It's almost time to start my 2018 Solo 100 Mile Walking Challenge in Norfolk. I will be setting out early from near Swaffham on Bank Holiday Monday and am set to finish the walk outside the Burlington Palm Court Hotel in Great Yarmouth at around teatime on Saturday 12th May.

I'm hoping that some folks might be able to meet up with me along the way so I'm posting my lunchtime and end of day stops here. If you do intend meeting up then please leave a comment here or on my Facebook page and then I will try my very best to be at the stop at the allotted times.
 
Lunch Stops
Probably sometime between 1200hrs and 1400hrs (no guarantees!!)   
1) Harpley, Rose & Crown, PE31 6TW  
2) Brancaster, Ship Hotel, PE31 8AP    
3) Stiffkey, Red Lion, NR23 1AJ 
4) Sherringham, 2 Lifeboats, NR26 8JR  
5) Bacton, Tea Shed, NR12 0EP or  more likely Poachers Pocket, NR12 0LS  
6) Winterton On Sea, Fisherman’s Return, NR29 4BN 

End Stops
Probably sometime between 1700hrs - 1800hrs.
(If no-one is waiting I’ll probably return straight to Norwich)
1) Ringstead, Gin Trap Inn, PE36 5JU (Only if I’m doing really well!!)   
2) Burnham Overy, The Hero, A149, PE31 8JE  
3) Cley-next-Sea, The George, High St, NR25 7RN
4) Overstrand, White Horse, 15 High St, NR27 0AB  
5) Sea Palling, Probable pick-up at NR12 0UE and drive to Gt Yarmouth, Burlington Palm Court for meal if anybody is planning to still be there!!!
6) Grt Yarmouth, Burlington Palm Court, North Dr, NR30 1EG    

Day 1 & 2 stops may not happen; it depends on how the walking goes, as these are the longest days!!!!

My fundraising is going well and my grateful thanks to all those who have sponsored me to date. My page will remain open even after I have completed my walk. My Virgin Money Giving page is at:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can