Monday 7 May 2018

Mon 7 May Day 1

Day 1 Monday 7th May







The 3 miles from near the A47/Swaffham McDonalds to South Acre was fairly easy-going but proved that Norfolk isn't as flat as you think!! (Photo 1)




I walked down past Castle Acre Priory (photo 2) through village & onto the Roman Road proper. Fortunately most of it was on the field side of the road with a hedge in between. Some of it was on the road however but I only had one idiot to contend with who tried to play chicken with me and & on-coming car!!




I met a lovely Dutch couple, Robert & Margaret, who were also walking a similar route. They were younger than I but not walking quite so far today!! Just saying 😀


I decided that, as it was such a hot, sunny day I'd be foolish to detour 3+ miles to visit the pub at Harpley - so I didn't!! See . . . I can be sensible sometimes!!
Instead lunch was a breakfast sandwich under the shade of an oak tree beside Peddars Way. The countryside is so fresh & green at this time of year. (Photos 3 & 4)


Although I had taken a fair amount of  water it still wasn’t enough for today but I was lucky enough to be able to re-fill at Sedgeford via a garden hose!!
Don’t let anyone kid you that Norfolk is flat - it had more dips & rises than Malvern!! (Well - maybe not!!)
The last three miles or so from Sedgeford to Ringstead were gruelling but I made it to the Gin Trap Inn and a lovely pint of Wherry!!
Sorry this is so late - I needed to eat & the service at the hotel restaurant isn’t the speediest! I’m so tired that I’m making silly mistakes of my computer so the photos will have to wait till tomorrow!!
Thank you to Denise for putting up with my crabbiness . . . . . AGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can