Friday 11 May 2018

Day 5 Friday 11 May

Day 5 Friday 11th May




Today was a mixed bag. It started with scarey cliffs and a howling gale full in the face!! The cliffs were being severely eroded and the pathway had been diverted in places and I took the opportunity to add my own diversions onto the farmers fields when my fear of heights & knowledge of cliff erosion took hold.


Some of the official diversions were lovely, through peaceful woodland with dappled sunlight. Others were dire, onto the busy road (on pavements) because just one of the many caravan parks wouldn't give new access for the path after the cliff had collapsed!
At Mundesley I came off the cliffs (& roads!!) & paused by the Coastguard Station and remembered the 26 ATS ladies who died at Great Yarmouth in 1943.


After that the 'fun' began! Miles of sand, much of it soft, an incoming tide & a VERY stiff breeze blowing me back the way I’d come!! Deep joy! The other thing that made today interesting was the added time constraint. I was due to meet Annette Jackson & Pam Malcolm (or Oliver!!!) at Bacton and then Pepi Simpson was due to pick me up at Sea Palling at 4.30. I had to be there in time!!

But enough of this. As I had met Sharon & Melody Baker-Joyce in Great Yarmouth (thanks to Pepi) I was a bit later back at the hotel & eating. Too tired to do much tonight so I’ll finish my Blog tomorrow . . . . or Sunday!!
Night night!!

Edited on Saturday
My thanks to Annette for a lovely lunch at the Poachers Pocket at Bacton, it was great meeting up & I'm sorry that Pam had to work. 
Thank you Pepi for picking me up ( & buying me a drink!) at Sea Palling and driving me to meet Sharon & Mel at the Palm Court Burlington at Great Yarmouth.

I apologise for the lack of photos but put it down to fear of cliff falls & occupation with speed marching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can