Thursday 21 April 2022

2022 - Base Camp 1!

I can't believe how nice the weather has been on our way up to Inverness. Almost wall to wall sunshine. I have to admit that the road trip has been excellent. 

We knew we were getting closer to the start point when the hills & occasional steep-sided lumps began to get bigger, more frequent and eventually with frosting of snow
We had a lovely coffee stop at Laggan Wolftrax Mountain Biking Trail Centre. As Denise said - "Bloody lovely coffee!" We sat in the sunshine by a babbling tarn and savoured the moment.
We had decided to travel the route up the A82 from Spean Bridge to Inverness so we could see where my drop-off & pick-up points were. My goodness, folks don't hang about on that road despite all the twists & turns!!
At Base Camp 1 (Inverness) for 2 days before moving to Base Camp 2 (Fort Augustus) for the remainder. Walking starts tomorrow in the Inverness area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can