Friday 22 April 2022

2022 - Day 1- Walking around the Inverness area

The day started well when Denise drove me to Fort George on the Moray Firth to meet up with Moira Thom and Margaret Irvine from the Aberdeen area and Ann Sinclair (nee Grant) who used to be a recruiter in Inverness and who is going to join the Association anytime now!! They had all got up at crack of dawn in order to travel to meet me. I'm so humbled that they were prepared to do that for little old me!!
They kindly gave me donations to add to my Give as you Live page at: https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/marg-davies-100-mile-walking-challenge

They also handed me a donation from 84 year old Joan Bartlett of Aberdeen Branch WRAC Association. She never misses a meeting and wished me good luck on my 100 Mile walk. 

From Fort George I walked along the shore path towards Ardersier and then headed for the A96 as Denise was picking me up after going to get petrol (we were starting to drive on fumes!!) 

We drove to Cawdor where I had a delightful walk through the woodland. It really reminded me of the former Cawdor Estate at Stackpole in South Pembrokeshire. Beech woods and a fondness for water in the landscape. 

From there Denise drove me to Culloden where I did part of the Culloden Battlefield and Clava Cairns Circular Walk (an 8 mile route) A very thought provoking afternoon. 

The weather has been bitter for the most part today, only warming with a little sunshine later this afternoon. I'm hoping it'll be a tad warmer and less low cloud tomorrow else I'm going to be starting in mist when I'm descending and then climbing for the first part of The Great Glen Way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can