Tuesday 17 March 2020

Marg's 2020 Walk *Covid-19 Update*

My, oh my! How quickly have things happened? Hi from Worcester.
Worcester Cathedral
Malvern Sculpture
In the light of recent Government & Health advice I will NOT be doing my 100 Mile Solo Walking Challenge in Scotland but, as I am under 70 years of age I WILL still be doing my 100 Mile Walk but locally, around Worcestershire, avoiding contact with humans where possible!! If necessary I'll have to "borrow" a dog!!
The timing of my walk remains the same and will be:
Start on Friday 17th April 2020
End on Thursday 23rd April 2020

I would still love to reach (& hopefully exceed) my fundraising target for my two charities who support vulnerable people particularly at this trying time.
You can still donate via my Virgin Money Giving page at:
Worcestershie Beacon
I am planning possible routes which will replicate the type of terrain that I was due to walk in Scotland. Well, it gives me something to do now that I'm a bit more limited in my social gallivanting!! It is going to prove a good mental challenge to plan suitable new routes at short notice.

They still have to cover similar distances and elevations on all 7 days. 
Hopefully we are going to have less rain than we've experienced in the last couple of months or else this walk could end up as a swim . . . or a mud bath!! 

Although I will be based at home and doing many of the walks in familiar locations, often where I have previously walked with friends, I will still need to get into 'the zone' or 'mind-set' as I will still be walking day after day for 100 miles. I find this easiest when solo walking, just head down, step out and go for it. So, self-isolating works for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can