Saturday 25 March 2017

2017 Last Post

Saturday 25th March - Thank You All

This is (!?possibly?!) the final post of my 2017 Solo Walking Challenge

To date I have raised an amazing £4,227 (£4,858.75 including Gift Aid) via my Virgin Money Giving Site. I intend to deactivate the site sometime around June 2017 so hopefully everyone can get any outstanding donations in by then.

The link to my Virgin Money Giving Site is:


Or search for me under "Make a donation" - "What's your friend's name" and type my name - Margaret Davies

It has been an amazing week when I have met and been supported by some fantastic, inspiring people. It has been a challenge, and rightly so. Maybe I 'shared' a bit too much information at times!! I guess quite a few people now realise that my life revolves around walking, food and real ale!! (Of course family goes without saying!!) They also may know that I get 'a bit' crabby when not fed and that I don't like heights . . . . . or mud!!

I have walked through some wonderfully 'English' Pastoral scenery, marvelled at the ingenuity and skill of the canal engineers and navigators and enjoyed the best weather I could have hoped for. I consider myself privileged and, not for the first time in my life, extremely lucky. Thank you to everyone who has followed my journey and donated their time and money to support this crazy adventure.

 
Saturday 11 March 2017 - National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, Staffs 

A Week of Walking 

Arriving at Stratford upon Avon Saturday 18 March 2017  
 
Women's Royal Army Corps Association on Parade 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can