Saturday 18 March 2017

Day 7 Sat 18 March Finish

Day 7 - Saturday 18 March Stratford upon Avon

Arrived to a massive welcome of WRAC Association Members and an (almost) local Jazz Band.

I'd love to write a proper Blog but I don't have any pictures . . . . . YET!!

Off to celebrate with over 100 Women's Royal Army Corps veterans and then a parade tomorrow at 10am.

I will finish my Blog tomorrow - if I've got some pictures to show!!

Thanks for all the support and the massive donations. Reached over £4,000 and rising,

THANK YOU ALL

Edit - Tuesday 21 March 2017

Here are some photos of my arrival at Crown Plaza, Stratford upon Avon and some of the celebrations. Thanks in particular to Heather Gaughran, Birmingham Branch W.R.A.C. Association, for most of the photos. Some of the others I have 'nicked' from other W.R.A.C. Association ladies - thank you!
Clockwise from top right-hand:
1) Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Here she comes . .
2) . . . Just a'walking down the . . . Car Park!!
3) . . . And the Band played on . .& on . . & on . . .
4) I'll get you back Heather Gaughran!!
 
100 Year Celebratory Dinner, Clockwise from top:
1) Left to right :Col (Retd) Ali Brown, Me, Lt Col Rowena Griffiths MBE, Maj (Retd) Sue Hatton, Brig Fiona Gardner CBE, Maj (Retd) Mack Maskyns-McIntyre
2) Table 12 - just in ear-shot of the Yorkshire Band of the Royal British Legion
3) Octogenarian In-Pensioner Charmaine (Bimbo) Coleman swaps caps with the teenage Drum-Major of the Yorkshire Band of the RBL
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will try and reply when I can